giant photo enlargement under $5 / diy

I'd been trying to figure out what to hang over our bed.

we live in earthquake country so there's a rule that it can't be something in a heavy frame. there are so many beautiful pieces of art out there but I didn't want to invest much money into an unframed piece that we'd destroy quickly.

solution: OfficeMax's Oversized Printing option. This might be easier if done in-store but I chose the online option. It took a bit of work to trick the website into letting me print a photo in black in white on plain paper like an architecture print.

I uploaded a photo I'd taken with my iPhone -- nothing fancy. I found that if I clicked "Change Final Size" I could create a custom size of 20" x 30" -- the website interpreted this as a command to print as "Black and White Oversize - Single Sided."

I chose the option to pick it up at my nearest OfficeMax store and it was ready within a few hours

total bill: $4.24
result: we're beyond pleased with how it turned out

**update: I had another photo enlarged but this time I did it in person at the OfficeMax store and it was SO much easier. and they were super helpful. and I had sizing options. and they cut the borders around the photo to my specifications. and it took about 10 minutes. I'm hooked.