snippets

fire alarm started blaring at 7:30 Sunday morning. j and I were still asleep. with 20+ units in our ancient wood building we're always on edge about fire. j instructed my zombie self to put on shoes and grab what's most important to me. I grabbed my purse, a diamond ring, and the night guard that prevents me from grinding my teeth at night. I looked around at the rest of our belongings and thought, 'these are just things.' j only grabbed his keys. practicing non attachment, I suppose. I'm glad it was a false alarm. we need a fire-proof safe so that our non attachment doesn't mean losing important documents

1. bougainvillea coming back nicely after fighting the jasmine vines for space
2. impaled toy
3. chocolate I'm loving this week -- Askinosie's dark milk chocolate (goat milk) made from bean-to-bar with beans grown in the Philippines.
4. purple grass
5. mural of 24th St and Mission St
6. view of the Bay Bridge from Dolores St